Casino cruise ships are the answer to the prayers of gamblers who love to travel the world. These ships offer the best of both worlds. While almost all cruise ships come with some gambling options, there are those that have gone beyond the usual expectations. In fact, you may find them to be preferable compared to the casinos in Las Vegas.
5 of the best casino cruise ships
These are the 5 best cruise ships that offer excellent gambling opportunities.
This is the casino that you will find onboard the Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas – two of the best casino cruise ships of the Royal Caribbean International. This ship boasts of an 18,000 square foot casino. The cruise will let you play the roulette, blackjack, craps, Caribbean stud poker, video poker and of course, slots. That totals 500 slot machines and 27 gaming tables. If that is not enough to satisfy your gambling needs, then what will?
This is the casino on the Queen Mary 2 of the Cunard Cruise Line. This ship offers a Monte-Carlo gambling experience. With over 100 slot machines to play, you will also have your fill of blackjacks, roulette, and poker games. Passengers can play among the dozen gaming tables throughout the casino floor.
Escape Casino at Sea
This casino is advertised as the most innovative and biggest that Norwegian Cruise Line has to offer. It is onboard the Norwegian Escape and has a wide range of slots and table games. It even offers a VIP area if you are one of the high rollers on the cruise ship. If you are after some serious gambling, this is the ship that you want to book a ticket to. They even allow you to play video poker at the casino bar.
This is one two of the casino cruise ships of Princess Cruises – Royal Princess and Regal Princess. They casino offers a variety of slots and table games. It has a central bar and a lavishly themed spiral staircase that exudes elegance and sophistication. The ship will sometimes host bingo nights – promising a fun-filled event with all the passengers.
This is offered onboard all Celebrity ships (except for the Celebrity Xpedition). It provides a gambling experience that is similar to Las Vegas. Passengers are able to choose different games to play with a lot of opportunities to win big prizes. You can enjoy the roulette, blackjack, poker and slots. You can even join one of the tournaments onboard.
Casino cruise lines and what they offer
Obviously, you have a lot of options when it comes to casino cruise ships. It is important for you to understand what a cruise line can offer to get to know if they can give you the gambling experience that you will look for.
Here are some of the things that you need to consider.
- Games. Get to know the games that you can play. Most of them will offer blackjack, poker, and slots. If you want to play the roulette, craps or other table games, make sure your chosen cruise ship will have it onboard.
- Smoking or non-smoking. Casinos usually have smoking areas but only some offer a non-smoking area.
- VIP area. Only a select cruise ship has a VIP area for high rollers.
- Minimum bet. Slots usually need a penny to get your started. For the table games, the minimum will depend on what you will play. It is usually between $1 to $5.
- Payment options: Most casino cruise ships will accept cash but only some will entertain lines of credit. A lot of them will offer an account onboard for serious gambler.
- Tournaments. This is only offered on some cruise ships and in selected trips. If you are competitive, you might want to choose when you will book your ticket.